Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bethicketted #2


The project is now moving from the very north edge of the Boreal Forest to the far south edge (and possibly on the other realms). This is a photograph from more recent work as I try to make "sense" of the slightly different landscape.

Bethicket me for a stump of a beech:
"...the farther back we manage to wiggle the more we need the loan of a lens to see as much as the hen saw. Tip. You is feeling like you was lost in the bush, boy? You says: It is a puling sample jungle of woods. You most shouts out: Bethicket me for a stump of a beech if I have the poultriest notions what the farest he all means. Gee up, girly! The quad gospellers may own the targum but any of the Zingari shoolerim may pick a peck of kindlings yet from the sack of auld hensyne" - Finnegans Wake
(thanks to wood_s_lot for pointing me to that - it seems to resonate and echo with something in the photographs - though I can never quite put my finger on it. If you want a more detailed exposition of the Joyce, go to Beckett Bethicketted)
tim atherton

No comments: